Tuesday 28 June 2011

Norwegian Functionality



I had pretty limited options when we were looking for a crib when I was pregnant because the nursery in our old flat was a teeny tiny little room.  The best option for us was the Stokke Sleepi and at the time I wasn't completely sold on the shape.  But the Sleepi has completely grown on me and I absolutely love it.  The oval shape makes the crib extremely versatile and easily fits into any room without overwhelming the space.  The Sleepi is actually much bigger than it looks and the little monster is so comfy sleeping in it with the curved ends.  He loves loves loves his crib and actually tries to climb into it at bedtime.  I was concerned because the bedding options are quite limited for the Sleepi and went with the gray crib and neutral bedding which looks lovely in his room.

People make fun of me because I'm actually on my third highchair!  It's so hard making a decision on something I have to use 3 times a day with an insanely fussy eater without having any previous experience.  Mealtimes are really stressful around here and having to use an annoying highchair just puts me over the edge.  The Stokke Tripp Trapp was actually my first choice but I became concerned about the little monster tipping it over.  I should have just bought the Tripp Trapp in the beginning because I am so pleased with it!  The quality is amazing and I love that it fits under my dining table.  The monster has never really enjoyed eating off of trays and has always done better eating with us on the big table.  The infant seat keeps him contained while the footrest makes mealtimes a little more comfy.  The great thing is that the infant seat comes with glider extensions so my fear of the chair tipping over is solved.  How much fun is it that this highchair comes in so many color options.  You are definitely sure to find one to match any decor!  The Tripp Trapp is definitely functional and stylish at the same time. Of course the best part is that it is easy to clean.

Stokke definitely knows what they are doing when it comes to making well designed, expertly crafted, and insanely functional furniture for children!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review on the high chair, I need to buy one very soon for my own little monster, and think I'll follow your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great ppost thanks

    ReplyDelete